Jupiter’s Great Red Spot
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot (GRS) is an atmospheric storm that has been raging in Jupiter’s southern Hemisphere for at least 400 years.
- About 100 years ago, the storm covered over 40,000 km of the surface. It is currently about one half of that size and seems to be shrinking.
- At the present rate that it is shrinking it could become circular by 2040. The GRS rotates counter-clockwise(anti-cyclonic) and makes a full rotation every six Earth days.
- It is not known exactly what causes the Great Red Spot’s reddish color. The most popular theory, which is supported by laboratory experiments, holds that the color may be caused by complex organic molecules, red phosphorus, or other sulfur compounds.
- The GRS is about two to three times larger than Earth. Winds at its oval edges can reach up to 425 mph (680 km/h)
- Infrared data has indicated that the Great Red Spot is colder (and thus, higher in altitude) than most of the other clouds on the planet
I’m hoping to soon get a tattoo of this thing.
PEOPLE WHO COVER SONGS AND DONT CHANGE THE PRONOUNS
I will always change the pronouns when I sing “Stickshifts & Safety Belts”, though, because I just really love having a man riding bitchseat.
everyone else was drawing their OC’s as centaur people and I want to be one of the cool kids too >:T
alternate explanation is Arthur and Mesi end up transitioning into a Fantasia setting and Mesi thinks it’s his fault \o/
Augh such amazing centaur gesture
This is a comic about my own emotions, made to release my own emotions, and to cope with my own emotions.
This fact was the solution to an Encyclopedia Brown whodunnit one time.
"Girl crush" is literally the female version of no homo
Omg I never thought of it that way. I always used it to describe a lady I really admire, but like, that’s so true. I need to stop using that
I’m very heterosexual, but when I say I have a “girl crush,” it means that I am certainly open to considering homo.
Salvador Dali drawing a penis on the forehead of a woman and signing it with Picasso’s signature
Ladies and gentlemen: art.
Australian possum vs American possum 画
I had this exact conversation with an Australian friend. She was startled and said that oh, she must have just heard a possum outside her window.
Me: “OH GOD CLOSE YOUR WINDOW RIGHT NOW D:”
After an amusingly long circular conversation where she thought I was irrationally scared of the adorable little animal on the left, we figured out that we were discussing two very different animals. She sent me a picture, I awwed. Then I sent her a picture.
"WHAT IS THAT THING?!"
The last time I saw one that wasn’t roadkill, it was hissing at me from the shadows of a dark driveway I was walking past and I just bolted for a good hundred feet or so out of reflex.
This may be the only time the US wins in a head to head competition for scarier animals with Australia.
the one marsupial we do have, and it’s this fucking thing
There was a mix up and we got Australia’s Possum.
I love Virginia opossums. They were one of my favourites to work with when I was at the Wildlife Centre. Look at her cute little heart-shaped nose! And their paws that look like fingerless gloves:
Sometimes someone posts something angry on here and I think, “That’s not very helpful to the overall dialogue,” but I try to imagine that it was helpful to that person for them to post it in that moment, and keep my mouth shut